NLC is seeking a Development Director to join their dynamic team. The Development Director will be responsible for all aspects of fund-raising, including donor relations, annual fund, planned giving, and major gifts. Working closely with the Executive Director and Development Committee of the Board, the successful candidate will manage all development and fundraising endeavors from cultivation to stewardship.
- Manage the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Meet and communicate with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective relationships. Coordinate donor recognition opportunities.
- Grow a major gifts program including prospect research, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Development Committee.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts.
- Coordinate fund-raising programs and events, including the annual event.
- Represent NLC as appropriate with other organizations and public forums.
- Coordinate and facilitate Board Development Committee meetings. Support the Nantucket Land Council’s Associates group to implement events, cultivation, outreach, stewardship, and fundraising.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Collaborate with other staff on social media, website, and education/outreach events or initiatives.
BA or BS preferred.
5-10 years related experience preferred.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Relationship builder.
Comfort with data management/donor databases and development research tools.
Knowledge of Nantucket is a plus.
Bilingual in Spanish or proficiency in another language is a plus.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org